Can These 3 Tips Instantly Increase Your Productivity?
We live in a fast paced world where we want to complete our task as quickly as possible. People are always looking at ways to increase their own productivity.
For some their productivity is so low that all they can achieve is procrastination; they put off task, over think problems and decide to do everything….tomorrow.
Without achieving productivity we feel lazy, a failure and unmotivated. These 3 tips will instantly boost your productivity.
Instantly Boost Your Productivity Tip 1. No Time But Right Now
Have you ever set a time free goal? Did you achieve your goal? Most will answer no, or if they did achieve this goal it took them a lot longer then expected.
We are motivated by time and deadlines. When setting goals give yourself a time limit for each milestone and action – make these realistic.
If you give yourself all day to do a task that only takes 10 minutes or a month for goal that can be achieved in a day, you will find that you will leave to the last minutes/day before even starting the task. The problem here is that you rush and work under pressure which can lead to mistakes and stress.
- Decide task and give yourself a realistic time frame
- Split task into reasonable steps and put these in order of importance
- Take action – complete the first step RIGHT NOW as this is highly motivational
- After a few steps reflect on how far you have come (highly motivational)
- As you come to end of the steps, plan your next goal
Instantly Boost Your Productivity Tip 2. Take A Break Before You Break Yourself
To be productive, highly productive you need to be mentally and physically prepared. Your body is skilled at letting you know when you need to rest, eat, sleep, re-energise and drink, but many people ignore these warning signs which ends in disaster.
When you are working in stressful situations or when you haven’t slept, drank or eaten enough to keep your body at its physical peak you start to make mistakes; you cant think, solve problems, remember key bits of information. People work slower and make more mistakes – all this makes you stressed which in turn increases the mistakes made, creating a visus circle of mistakes – stress.
To increase productivity;
- Learn your body’s warning signals
- Eat, sleep and drink enough to keep your body at its optimum
- Stop when your body is telling your to stop and once refreshed return to the task in hand
Instantly Boost Your Productivity Tip 3. Get Prepping
Many people wrongly believe that jumping into a task is great productivity. Jumping into a task with preparing can work, but only in certain circumstances. Get productivity comes from great preparation.
Once you have a goal or task to achieve you first need to prepare. This can include;
- Story boarding
- Brain storming
- Reflecting on previous successes and failures
- Checking resources
- Creating detailed development and action plans
- Delegating task
- Predicting potholes
Preparing is key to success, as well as preparing for the task you also need to prepare yourself. Think about your temperament, how you work best, your stress indicators and motivational traits. Once you know how you will best tackle this project add this element of success to your plan. Think about;
- The type of environment you work best in
- How you get energised
- The type of co-workers who you work best with
- What activities and approaches motivate you
- The time you need to complete individual task
- How to best manage your time
- How you overcome stresses
Chris Delaney NLP Life Coach, Hypnotherapist and Career Advisor is available for booking for One to One Private Sessions, Group Training Sessions and Public Speaking Events
Other People Who Read This Article Also Read:
- Creating Milton Model Scripts
- Google Brain Therapy
- The Neuroscience of Phobias
- Mindfulness, NLP and Hypnosis
Chris Delaney Specialise in:
FREE Life Coaching Downloads
Train to Be a life Coach and Make Money as a part time or full time Coach
101 Life Coaching Tools and Techniques
DIDSBURY: 4 Birley Park, Didsbury, Manchester, M20 2TL
MANCHESTER: The Triangle, 37 Exchange Square, Manchester M4 3TR
E-MAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org for more information
- Hypnosis and Life Coaching for smoking in Didsbury
- Hypnosis and Life Coaching for weight loss in Didsbury
- Hypnosis and Life Coaching for fears and phobias in Didsbury
- Hypnosis and Life Coaching for self esteem in Didsbury
- Hypnosis and Life Coaching for anxiety in Didsbury
- Hypnosis and Life Coaching for alcoholism in Didsbury
- Hypnosis and Life Coaching for confidence in Didsbury
- Hypnosis and Life Coaching for goals in Didsbury
Hypnotherapy and Life Coaching in Didsbury is easily located for people living in and around Stockport, Manchester, Tameside, Chorlton and Didsbury, as we are just off the M60