FREE 101 Life Coaching Questions
Making Mentoring Motivational
Richard Branson once said that everyone should have a mentor.
A mentor can help you create success quicker then you would be able to alone. Successful people, even though they have already created success, will still hire a mentor and coach. This is because a mentor creates a new perspective, increases learning and boost motivation
This article will teach how you can make mentoring motivational for you
Making Mentoring Motivational #1
Whats stopping you getting to the next level?
A mentor will help you analyse your performance to-date, your goals (checking your desired outcome) and more importantly look at whats missing.
As an individual you have limited perspective about your performance and what you need to do to create success. A mentor will share their story, experiences and ideas. The mentor won’t direct, instead they will ask strength base questions. It is this reflective mentoring that creates insight.
You can also self-mentor by asking solution focus questions;
- what do I want to achieve?
- on a scale of 1-10, what number represents how close I am to achieving my goal?
- what makes me this number of the scale?
- what number do I want to be at next month?
- what do I need to do to get to that number?
- what worked previously when I moved from a lower number, to the number on the scale that I am today?
Making Mentoring Motivational #2
A mentor motivates through commitment. It is easier to let yourself down, than it is to let other people down. This is why people who set personal goals feel at ease when they give them up.
Because you know your mentor will question you about your actions, you are more likely to complete any set task. As you complete more actions your motivation naturally increases, creating a motivational cycle.
You can also use this motivational law of commitment on yourself;
- write your actions down on cards with deadline dates
- give these cards out to friends and family
- ask them to contact you on the deadline date to ask if you have complete each action
Making Mentoring Motivational #3
We all work at a higher rate when we believe in our own skills, qualities and when we believe in ourselves. A mentor creates motivation by helping you realise what your natural strengths, qualities and temperament are
Hearing this from others boost self-worth. Once you truly believe in yourself you will take your ambitions to a new level, work an a more productive rate and take risk.
To increase your own self worth you can take the time to reflect on your own practice
- write a list of your skills, qualities and strengths
- write a second list stating your natural personality traits
- write a final list of experiences that you have had that will support you with your new goal
- Next, circle all the common and similar skills, qualities, experiences, etc. Notice which stand out more than the others
Chris Delaney NLP Life Coach, Hypnotherapist and Career Advisor is available for booking for One to One Private Sessions, Group Training Sessions and Public Speaking Events
Chris Delaney is also a published author “The 73 Rules of Influencing the Interview – using Psychology, NLP and Hypnotic Persuasion Techniques”
Other People Who Read This Article Also Read:
- Creating Milton Model Scripts
- Google Brain Therapy
- The Neuroscience of Phobias
- Mindfulness, NLP and Hypnosis
Chris Delaney Specialise in:
FREE Life Coaching Downloads
Train to Be a life Coach and Make Money as a part time or full time Coach
101 Life Coaching Tools and Techniques
DIDSBURY: 4 Birley Park, Didsbury, Manchester, M20 2TL
MANCHESTER: The Triangle, 37 Exchange Square, Manchester M4 3TR
E-MAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org for more information
- Hypnosis and Life Coaching for smoking in Didsbury
- Hypnosis and Life Coaching for weight loss in Didsbury
- Hypnosis and Life Coaching for fears and phobias in Didsbury
- Hypnosis and Life Coaching for self esteem in Didsbury
- Hypnosis and Life Coaching for anxiety in Didsbury
- Hypnosis and Life Coaching for alcoholism in Didsbury
- Hypnosis and Life Coaching for confidence in Didsbury
- Hypnosis and Life Coaching for goals in Didsbury
Hypnotherapy and Life Coaching in Didsbury is easily located for people living in and around Stockport, Manchester, Tameside, Chorlton and Didsbury, as we are just off the M60